Thank you so much, Sarah of Feminine Vestige for nominating me! I am so honored.
11 questions asked by Feminine Vestige:
- What has been your most exciting blogging moment?
As small and silly as it sounds, I was most excited when I received my first comment! This site is meant to facilitate thought, learning, and dialogue. I am always interested in hearing your opinions.
- What are your blogging goals?
I want to make even just a tiny difference in the world of mental illness and sexual assault. I hope to bring awareness and educate people on these very serious topics, and even open one person’s eyes to not stigmatizing them.
- How do you define success?
Happiness or content/satisfaction in your life.
- If you were only allowed 4 senses, what sense would you take away? Why?
I have a very strong sense of smell, which doesn’t always yield the most pleasant experience. I can’t imagine my life without vision (as I am a very visual person and visual learner), or taste (I am too in love with food), or hearing (I am a musical persona). So I would likely give up smell.
- Why are you proud of you?
I am proud of my perseverance despite my painful past and continued suffering because of it. That in itself is an accomplishment. I hope that my story could inspire others.
- What part of your body would you write a love letter to?
Hmm, my hands. I have nice-looking hands lol, but it’s more because I am always doing something with my hands; writing, typing, cleaning, drawing, playing an instrument, or even just fidgeting.
- If you could make fighting for an issue a full-time job, what would it be?
Sexual assault for sure! That is the plan actually, as I am a public health major with experience in psychology and criminal justice.
- What is the most loving moment in your life thus far?
When my little sister was born. Since then, she has been my little ray of sunshine.
- What is your Patronus?
Being a huge Harry Potter fan (it’s pretty much my entire childhood), I have had a Pottermore account for a while, so I know that my patronus is a Siberian cat! It doesn’t tell you why, but I suspect that it is because I have always been independent. (But I love teamwork too!)
- What book has changed your life?
The DaVinci Code, which I’ve read 4 1/2 times! It really opened me to controversial topics and conspiracy theories, as well as solidified my love for history, mystery, and the unknown. It certainly made me think very deeply about my spirituality and religion. (Harry Potter is a big one too).
- What is your favorite quote? Why?
It’s hard to chose just one, but this one is one I live by. “Nothing is more important than empathy for another human being’s suffering. Nothing. Not a career, not wealth, not intelligence, certainly not status. We have to feel for one another if we’re going to survive with dignity.” -Audrey Hepburn
11 random facts about me:
- I have lived in 4 different countries.
- I have a younger sister.
- I am a feminist.
- I am a Public Health major.
- I have a sweet-tooth.
- I have played violin for 12 years.
- I intern for Harvard University and Brown University.
- I love photography and playing around on Adobe Photoshop.
- I am very friendly and open-minded.
- I am a movie-buff.
- I am in love.
Blogs nominated for the Liebster Award:
- Oiseaux Words
- The Feathered Sleep
- The Rink
- Absolutely Olivia
- The Wise Zephyrus
- Blog With Ems
- Present Minded
- Slay Girl Society
- Words We Women Write
- Anonymously Autistic
- Reflections of Desi
- Feminine Vestige
- Will to Survive Rape
- Everything Shaquana
- Chic Mom
Eleven Questions for Liebster Award Nominees:
- What brought you to the blogging world?/How did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite post?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is a topic that you’ve always wanted to write about (but haven’t yet)?
- If you could go to any city/country right now, where would you go?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is a quote that really speaks to you?
- Who is your role model?
- What do you believe is your purpose?
- What is your favorite characteristic about yourself?
- What accomplishment of yours are you most proud of?